K-3D is the free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling, animation, and rendering system for GNU / Linux, Posix, and Win32 operating systems.
K-3D features a robust, object-oriented plugin architecture, designed to scale to the needs of professional artists, and is designed from-the-ground-up to generate motion-picture-quality animation using RenderMan-compliant render engines. We strongly recommend the Aqsis render engine for use with K-3D.
Some Features are
- Powerful scene graph Procedural Modeling with complete modeling history.
- Selection: Objects, meshes, faces, edges, patched, curves, point groups, points.
- Geometry types: Polygon, NURBS, subdivision, blobby.
- 3D Primitives: Cone, circle, cushion, cylinder, disk, grid, paraboloid, polyhedron, sphere, torus.
- Boolean modeling operations (using GTS library).
- Instantiation: Create duplicates without adding gemometry to the scene.