FreePCB is a free, open-source PCB editor for Windows, released under the GNU General Public License. It was designed to be easy to learn and easy to use, yet capable of professional-quality work. It does not have a built-in autorouter, but it can use the FreeRoute web-based autorouter.
- 1 to 8 copper layers
- Board size up to 60 inches by 60 inches
- Uses English or metric units (i.e. mils or mm) for most functions.
- Footprint libraries courtesy of Ivex Design International Inc.
- Copper fill areas
- Footprint Wizard and Footprint Editor for creating or modifying footprints
- Imports and exports PADS-PCB netlists
- Exports extended Gerber files (RS274X) and Excellon drill files
- Design rule checker
Example – Logic Analyzer: This is an open-source logic analyzer called MiniLA
contributed by Bob Grieb of the User Forum. The image on right is the Logic Analyzer PCB.
- Up to 32 channels
- 128 Kb of memory for each channel
- Sampling rate up to 100 MHz (timebase in 1-2-5 sequence)
- Input levels compatible with 3.3V and 5V logic
- Selectable pretrigger/posttrigger buffer size in 8K step