The interactive and animated applets are part of the Introductory Course on Power Electronics taught by Prof. Kolar at the ETH Zurich.
Interactive Power Electronics Seminar
Power Electronics Circuit Simulation
Applets to See – are the simple Buck-converter and the Rotating Three-Dimensional Field
More pages of Compulsory Reading for Students
- Part I – An Overview of AC/AC-Converter Topologies
- iPES-Circuits – DC/DC converters, thyristor converter, AC/DC inverter.
- iPES-Circuits+ – Power electronic systems of higher complexity in industry.
- iPES-Thermal – Dimensioning and operation of power electronic converters
- iPES-EMFields – Electrostatic, magnetic fields, permeability, inductor design.
- iPES-AET – Operational Amplifier – Applications.
Power Electronics Simulation -Specialized Software to meet demands of Power Electronics Engineers. Gecko-Research is engaged in numerical simulations of circuits, control, 3D-thermal, electromagnetics, reliability issues and system optimization.