Mechatronics Demonstration Kit with PIC
The DM163029 or PICDEM Mechatronics demonstration board is an easy-to-use mechatronics development and demonstration platform. Mechatronics refers to implementing intelligent control in a mechanical system.
The demonstration kit takes a hands-on approach to learning about mechatronics. Jumper wires are provided in the kit which allow the developer to experiment with connecting the PIC microcontroller to various components on the board. These components include sensors, LEDs, human input devices and motor drivers.
- PIC16F917 MCU with 8 MHz
- Displays: 8 LEDs and LCD
- Stepper motor and brushed DC motors
- Analog temperature sensor
- 32.768 kHz crystal for time generation
- Human inputs: 4 tactile switches, 2 potentiometers
- Optical speed sensor for brushed DC motor
- ICSP programming capability – MPLAB ICD