Megger – Electric Power Test Equipment
For over 100 years, Megger has been the premier provider of electric test equipment and measuring instruments for electrical power applications.
- Transformer Test Equipment
- Ground Resistance Test Equipment
- Motor and Generator Test Equipment
- Insulation Test Equipment 5 and 10 kV
- Battery Test Equipment
AVO Training Institute is your one-stop for electrical training services, electrical safety services and electrical power engineering services. Our online electrical store provides books, personal protective equipment and tools.
Megger-Wikipedia – A megger (or sometimes meggar) is often used as a colloquial term for an insulation tester – a circuit tester which puts a very high voltage at a very low current across two conductors to make sure that they are properly insulated. The word is short for megohm-meter.
It is in fact the registered trade mark of Megger Group Ltd who have manufactured insulation testers since 1889.
The Megger MIT415 insulation and continuity tester is designed for electrical testing by utilities, industrial, commercial and domestic electricians.
- 10 V and 100 V ESD testing
- 25 V & 50 V signal cable insulation testing
- 250 V & 500 V Insulation testing up to 50 GΩ (500 V)
- Continuity testing at 200 mA or 20 mA from 0.01 Ω to 999 kΩ
- DC and TRMS AC voltage measurement