- Electronics and electrical engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Materials science and engineering
- Technology services
- Assistance to small manufacturers
- Measurement & standards research
- NIST Research Library
- Standard Reference Materials
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), known between 1901-1988 as the National Bureau of Standards (NBS), is a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce’s Technology Administration. The institute’s mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve quality of life.
Kids, General public.