SG2525 – SG3525 – PWM SMPS Regulator Chip. A second generation ic switch mode controller optimized for high frequency.
The SG3525A pulse width modulator control circuit offers improved performance and lower external parts count when implemented for controlling all types of switching power supplies. The on-chip +5.1 V reference is trimmed to +/-1% and the error amplifier has an input common-mode voltage range that includes the reference voltage, thus eliminating the need for external divider resistors. Half Bridge, Push-Pull.
- 8.0 V to 35 V Operation
- 5.1 V +/- 1.0% Trimmed Reference
- 100 Hz to 400 kHz Oscillator Range
- Separate Oscillator Sync Pin
- Adjustable Deadtime Control
- Input Undervoltage Lockout
- Latching PWM to Prevent Multiple Pulses
- Pulse-by-Pulse Shutdown
- Dual Source/Sink Outputs: +/- 400 mA Peak
This is a SMPS Circuit improved over the Application Note in the book SGS Motion Control Application Manual. This worked well. It helps you learn more about High Frequency Power Supply Design.
SG3525 usage in SMPS 500W – It was used in Parallel for Electroplating with a central Load sharing control between modules.